Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Reading Challenge 2016

The impetus for this entire adventure was blogging about my journey to tackle the PopSugar Reading Challenge.  Of course I meant to be super on top of this and try to write a few times a week, and yet, here we are. 

I am happy to report that I have been reading.  I even resurrected my 'ancient' Nook for this adventure.  My first book satisfies 'A book more than 100 years older than you,' and I chose to read Sense and Sensability by Jane Austin.  I read Emma in high school, love it, but never ventured to Austin's other works.  So far, I am loving it.  Marianne frustrates me, and I find myself agreeing mostly with Elinor's pragmatic take on the happenings.  Also, the Miss Steeles!  They swoop in like they own the place

I'm about halfway through, and I have my own hopes for how things turn out.  I also can't wait to watch the movie once I'm finished.  It's fun to picture Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet as Elinor and Marianne. 

This week I finally came off the library wait list for The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, for which I have been on the wait list for at least four months.  This will be my next book, and will be my 'self-improvement book.'  We have so much stuff in the house and while I've heard the tactics from the book are rather extreme, I hope it will motivate me to clear out some junk once and for all. 

Until the next time I remember to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment